Skip to main content
blah blah blah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fedora 14 Xfce on the Dell Mini 9 - Sucess !

I got Fedora 14 Xfce installed on the Dell Mini 9. After the typical Fedora install, I had head over to RPM Fusion with Firefox to load the Free and Nonfree Repositories, but this was very easy just click-and-load and authorize as root. I loaded the “non-free” kmod-wl driver due to the Broadcom wireless card in the Mini 9. After a restart, we got wireless LAN. If you run Fedora, the RPM Fusion Repositories are at: http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration My Mini 9 has had so many distros on it, but the SSD is holding up well. It came with the Dell tweeked Ubuntu remix, I updated to the latest immediately, ran with Kubuntu for awhile till I ran into the KDE 4X issues (too wiggy for me). I tried #! Crunchbang Linux and that was a winner. It’s dark and ran very well but my “hackerness” brought me back to Xfce. IMHO, it seems Ubuntu is getting a bit wiggy. First it was the menu buttons on the top left, which I promptly fixed back, and Kubuntu is ok but always held back a bit., now th

The Blue Wander

Looking for adventure?  How about traveling on a luxury boat from Maui Hawaii to the Marshall Islands, where US Nuclear testing began in 1946 on Bikini Atoll after residents were evacuated. Over the years, 67 weapon tests were conducted, including the 15-megaton Castle Bravo hydrogen bomb test, which produced significant fallout in the region. The testing concluded in 1958.  Time has past and a visit is pretty safe these days, we have a highly trained crew and we carry a good Geiger counter, just to make sure.  This area is close enough to the edge of the World. From 1946 to 1958, it served as the Pacific Proving Grounds for the United States and was the site of 67 nuclear tests on various atolls.[16] The world's first hydrogen bomb, codenamed "Mike", was tested at the Enewetak atoll in the Marshall Islands on November 1, (local date) in 1952, by the United States.  How about Pitcairn Island? Pitcairn is the least populous national jurisdiction in the world.  The P